Tuesday 26 August 2014

Cute Boots

zoe book

I bought this book about ten years ago, and I have used it a lot to make bootees as gifts for friends with new babies.

I put it in my bag along with some needles and spare yarn, and whilst at Cornerstones tried a pattern I’d not done before. Jester Boots!

IMG_2918

IMG_2920

Very happy with finished result. Easier than I thought to make. I substituted Pompoms for Zoe’s Bells on the toes. I have got some little bells at home – but I felt that pompoms were just as much fun, and softer too.

I made the pompoms using the fork method [see here] holding a strand of red and of white wool together, and winding round 30 times.

9 comments:

  1. Those jester boots are fab! I'd love to be able to knit them for my impending great-nephew/niece (how come I'm old enough to be a great aunt?!) but I don't have the knitting know-how, I fear!
    I've enjoyed catching up on your posts now I'm back at home. Happy (belated) anniversary to you and Bob.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely bootees. I love the fork method, which I hadn't heard of before, thanks for that. Vee x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds very complicated - remember I am a blonde who can't knit! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo! I love them! SO CUTE! James needs some!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are double cute! I think I actually prefer them with pom poms too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I know a little baby who absolutely MUST have a pair. I'm in love with pom-poms at the moment!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!