Sunday 31 August 2014

Matthew 6:25-34

These last few days, I have seen that bullfinch in the garden again. In a week full of unexpected hassles, it has served as a good reminder to me of John Newton’s old hymn.

bullfinch m filmore

The birds, without barn or storehouse, are fed;
from them let us learn to trust God for our bread.
This one thing secures us, whatever betide,
The scripture assures us, the Lord will provide.

No strength of our own, or goodness we claim;
Yet since we have known the Saviour's great name,
In this our strong tower for safety we hide;
The Lord is our power, the Lord will provide.

7 comments:

  1. The Lord will provide was one of my mother's favourite sayings when times got tough and he always has! Love that bird and am reminded that we should "consider the lilies of the field" and how beautiful natures is and it doesn't concern itself with needless worries nor "store up treasures on earth" - or am I getting more than one quote mixed up here?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are not wrong MJ - both quotes are from Matthew Chapter 6

      Delete
  2. Angela, I really love your blog. You post every day so there is always something new to read and your love for God, other people and life itself is so uplifting. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good hymn and so true. I am thankful. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the words and that pretty bird! Happy Sunday, Ang!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just what I needed today. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!