Thursday 8 June 2023

Keep Smiling Through...

Another Tenniel illustration, this time from Wonderland, not Looking Glass.
Because I am indeed grinning like the proverbial πŸ˜Έ.
My lovely dentist turns out to have spent two years in the MaxFax dept at Ipswich Hospital, he has lots of experience of this sort of injury.
Last week he taught me how to massage the area round the stitches to enable them to heal, and soften the scar tissue in my lip. And he spoke so highly of the team in Scotland who had treated me. They did such a good job on the emergency repairs that I have not needed expensive crowns [praise the Lord for that!] 
Yesterday he worked on tidying up their work, and rebuilding one part of a tooth to make it more even.
And he did all that without any injections - it was genuinely all very painless [I hate injections]
And the cost came in at just over £100 [it is a private practice too - they're not allowing any new NHS dentists in Norfolk sadly, despite his request to be one] 
I am so grateful - for Dentist Chris and Dr Navinie in Scotland, for Dentist Roshan in Norfolk, and for all the kind wishes and prayers, and messages of support from so many good friends. Thank you all
The grin will still be here after I have moved on to the next task! 
πŸ˜€
 

25 comments:

  1. Good news all round - your dentists and Dr all sound wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you will appreciate I feel to be living in East Anglia and actually registered with a dentist πŸ˜ΊπŸ™‚

      Delete
  2. The Cheshire cat grin is very apt! Super glad for you!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that. Love Isabel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant news. And isn't it lovely when professionals praise each other instead of moaning at what someone else has done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is good - and reassuring that they can tell the patient that good work has been done! [The guy in Scotland commented on the quality of my 'partial dentures' and said I'd clearly got a good dentist back in England!]

      Delete
  5. That's great news, I'm very pleased for you x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison. I was anxious I admit (not least the possibility of a mammoth bill) but much more relaxed now

      Delete
  6. I'm so glad your appt. was helpful and painless and that - thanks to those talented folks - your smile is lovely!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad to hear this news! Long may you grin! JanF

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad that your overall treatment right from the beginning has been so helpful, and delighted that you haven't even needed expensive crowns. Something to smile about!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful to have such an excellent experience with dentists, after such a nasty injury. I'm glad to know your smile is beaming again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad your mouth is healing well and no expensive work is needed. I have a two hour appointment next month for a crown which I am not looking forward to but is necessary. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Catriona, I hope it goes ok, and is neither too painful nor too expensive

      Delete
  11. Good news about the dentistry, it’s very reassuring. Love the illusion to the Cheshire Cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But please ignore any rumours that my other half is the Mad Hatter!

      Delete
  12. Very good news, indeed! Definitely something to smile about! :D

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!