Friday 20 July 2012

Cheers!

My keyring – with house keys, car key, tiny LED torch, Swiss Army Knife [a gift from Liz ten years ago] and my “Cheers!” key fob [from the place in Boston where that great TV series was set – a Silver Wedding Anniversary Holiday souvenir] Useful – and special.

DSCF4204

This morning I went to the supermarket – in the rain. When I got into the store it was quite warm so I took off my jacket and hung it on the trolley handle. The keys must have fallen from the pocket somewhere in the shop. I did not discover their absence until I had finished my shop, and pushed the laden trolley to my car, which was on the far side of the car park [I’m trying to get exercise!] I pushed the trolley all the way back to Customer Services, where a thoughtful customer had already handed them in.

Thank you, whoever you are! I was a little anxious for a while, but the kindness of a stranger has prevented my hair going grey!

danson1danson2

Maybe Ted Danson has not found his keys yet

Bob has pointed out that this was a double blessing – not only did I get my keys back, but I also got twice as much exercise with all the extra trolley pushing!

7 comments:

  1. you were lucky, someone is looking after you today!!

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lucky you were. Your Cheers keyring brought back memories of that wonderful series.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to hear how things go right, and people help each other... Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I once thought I had lost my purse in the grocery store. I was at home hyperventilating...Chris had accidentally (!!!) kicked my purse under a chest of drawers. Boy , was he sheepish!!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am the world's worst for 'losing' keys. Probably that's why my hair is silver (although in some lights it just looks very blonde!)

    I sometimes get them wedged down in a bag or take them upstairs with me when I come in, slung on sofa then things put down on top of them. I'm a shocker!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder how much time is wasted every year by people searching for keys?

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!