Saturday 28 July 2012

Having A Smashing Time

Here is a small glass dish – approximately 6” in diameter, divided into three equal sections.sweetdish

On Monday I saw one like this in a charity shop in Hinckley for just £1. “I have one identical to that at home” I thought “Do I need a matching pair?” Now I use mine quite a bit – particularly for salad veg when I want to keep the radishes and tomatoes apart [well you never know…] But I decided in the ongoing spirit of Not Adding To Clutter that one was quite enough.

So I came home sans dish – and then accidentally dropped something onto the original dish and smashed it! Typical. [the picture above is one for sale on Etsy in the USA. Not buying that]

2 comments:

  1. Actually I could do with a dish like that! Maybe a little plainer
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have one of those! It was a wedding gift back in 1978, but I'm not sure where it is now. Probably went the same way as yours did. I have to admit that my newly married daughter takes after me in this respect!
    Kay

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!