Thursday 12 July 2012

Funnel Vision

Forgive me if you know these already – but if you don’t, they are such useful tips and worth passing on.

When you are pouring things through a funnel, they will funnel faster if there is an airspace between the funnel and the container.

So not like this

DSCF4124

But like this – a teaspoon handle slipped into the neck of the bottle creates a sufficient gap to speed things up.

DSCF4124-001

Powder [flour etc] also funnels faster with some air

This is some cooking oil, being filtered through a piece of kitchen paper. I have a great fondness for bottles with these wire closures!

skewer

If I am pouring powder through a funnel, I drop a skewer into it first.

Then if the powder clogs up, I can wriggle the skewer and it starts everything flowing freely again.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know this! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips! I did not know that about the air flow!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!