Thursday 19 July 2012

Round And Round

So I had a comment from Anne, and I replied, then she replied, then I sent her a small gift, and then the postman brought this…

DSCF4194-001

Inside, a parcel wrapped in blue tissue and a pretty card – I love the crochet cord and floral embellishment!

DSCF4197

Inside the tissue, a fabulously retro coloured doyley

DSCF4200

Now it is the centrepiece under my bowl of plums and nectarines

DSCF4202

Thanks, Anne – it is gorgeous!! [I pinned the crochet flower on my dress this morning, and got some lovely compliments from friends at the Coffee Drop In] The amber glass bowl cost £1 in the Age UK shop.

I will learn to crochet circles. Still stuck on Granny Squares [Mags, I’ll be coming to Belfast in August for another Hookers’ Tutorial!!]

7 comments:

  1. So glad you liked it and that you put the little flower to good use. (It's dead easy to go round in circles - I do it all the time!) You're very welcome, Angela. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very pretty gift to receive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY pretty! I want to go to Belfast, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's perfect under your lovely fruit bowl.

    P.S. In response to Nana's comment above, I must append a favourite Austen quote:

    "The Miss Beauforts were soon satisfied with ‘the Circle in which they moved in Sanditon,’ to use a proper phrase, for every body must now ‘move in a Circle,’ to the prevalence of which rotatory Motion, is perhaps to be attributed the Giddiness and false steps of many."

    (from Sanditon)

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely surprise gift - I do like a nice bit of crochet.
    Thank you for dropping in - I too have a fondness for the Archers (is it a childhood thing - I have listened to it all my life). When I lived in London I used to go the home of Hugh Dickson for dinner - he played Guy Pemberton (if you go that far back!). I have just spent five minutes looking him up on Google after all these years.
    Small claim to fame is that I have got 'Jack Woolley's autograph!
    Thank you again
    Best wishes
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Night for English hookers is already being organised! Will run alongside jamming session uner the high tower!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!