Thursday 5 July 2012

You Have To Kiss A Lot Of Frogs…

hyloscirtus_princecharlesi2

…before you meet your Handsome Prince!

prince-charles

According to the BBC, A newly discovered tree frog has been named after Prince Charles in recognition of his charity work to protect their rainforest homes. Here is Hyloscirtus princecharlesi, or the Prince Charles stream tree frog. Limited numbers of the frogs were found after areas of forest in Ecuador were cleared for agriculture. Two juvenile frogs are now being raised in captivity as part of the Amphibian Ark project in the hope they will breed and eventually boost populations in the wild.

amphibian-ark-art

So…if you could have a creature [or a flower] named after you, what would you choose?

Such an event is extremely unlikely, but for all sorts of reasons, I think my choice would be a butterfly!

5 comments:

  1. Janus...a cat facing backwards and forwards at the same time!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That choice does not surprise me at all , Jane!

      Delete
  2. I'd definitely have a breed of cat named after me! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pleased he is carrying out this work to protect these tree frogs :) I'm already a flower! God bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I am sure you are blooming beautiful!

      Delete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!