Thursday 30 May 2013

A Man Of Infinite-Resource-And-Sagacity

Don’t you just love that description [it is the description of the Mariner, in the Kipling story ‘How the Whale got his throat’] Sagacity means wisdom – and a wise man is often called a sage.

more sage

We have planted some sage [the herb, not the wise man] at Cornerstones, and discovered on Monday that it is flourishing.

Bob pruned it, and I brought back a bunch of leaves to try and dry them.

Sage is particularly good in pork dishes.

DSCF5534

I was surprised to find the bush covered in flowers too.

I have stripped the leaves and laid them on a tray to dry, but put the flowers in a little terracotta pot.

They do not have much fragrance, but I like to see them on the windowsill

They remind me that sagacity - wisdom is an important quality.

James 1:5 tells us If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.

6 comments:

  1. Bees love sage flowers. It's an important bush to have in the garden.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely...but watch it, it will take over if you aren't careful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Currently it is in a small front bed between two lavender bushes. Will regular pruning be enough to keep it under control?
      Or is it like mint and should it be replanted in a container? Please advise!!

      Delete
    2. Prune it to within an inch of it's life and it will behave. It doesn't throw runners as mint does.
      Jane x

      Delete
  3. Guess where I am! I'm on your tablet! I have often prayed that verse, but it's a lifetime answer, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sage, but ours has not come back this year, perhaps too much snow?

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!