Tuesday 14 May 2013

I’m The Urban Spaceman…

…baby, I got style!

You have to be Quite Old to remember the Bonzo Dog Doodah Band singing that mad ditty on TOTP in the 60s. Here’s the Python version

TOTP = Top Of The Pops

Recently I have been humming this a lot, because I am getting ready for Holiday Club [again!] and we are using this programme

poster

There have been experiments with acrylic paint and plastic bottles in the kitchen.

And discussion with friends in Blackpool the other weekend about which of the crafts in the programme book worked well [and which didn’t]

I’ll forget any ideas about soap carving then – thanks Juliet for that advice!

DSCF5477I have been visiting craft supplies and checking out catalogues too.

Full marks to the team at Hobbycraft Warrington [we called in on our way back from Blackpool] who were incredibly helpful. Thank you. And to Bob for spotting some extremely useful stuff in the Hobbycraft clearance bins!

baker ross catalogueespothe works

Baker Ross supply playgroups, primary schools and children's groups. They have recently expanded their range of ‘faith-related’ crafts quite considerably. Well worth checking out if you are a Sunday School Teacher, or running Holiday Bible Clubs.

ESPO is Eastern Shires Purchasing, and they supply schools, church groups etc with equipment, stationery and craft stuff at very reasonable prices. The Works now have an OnLine store- worth checking out – and until May 31st, you can get 10% off your order using promotion code MA10.

Watch this space for more about the craft activities. Meanwhile I shall go on humming that crazy song [I do wish I could tap dance]

6 comments:

  1. I wonder who the tap dancer was?! So funny to see it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the dancer is Lyn Ashley, who was a regular on Rutland Weekend TV, and part of the Monty Python team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the memories! I also remember him as the Magician in Puddle Lane. My DS had all the Puddle Lane books. (I've got them now!)
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we are doing the same holiday club. Won't steal your ideas, honest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to borrow any ideas that may work for you!

      Delete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!