Thursday 2 May 2013

No More Soggy Bottoms!

Liz read my post last Saturday about having a damp cycle saddle – and thoughtfully posted me this…

DSCF5459

…a plastic showercap for my saddle. Also in the parcel was this cover

DSCF5460

Yes, it is a genuine Cath Kidston rose print fabric cover.

The label inside assures me ‘this fabric will fade beautifully with washing’!

I’m feeling very special to have this – it is one of 6000 saddlecovers placed on the London ‘Boris bikes’ last week

borisbikes]

Cath Kidston said: “On the brand’s 20th birthday, we wanted to do a fun thing for Londoners as this is where I started the brand 20 years ago. It’s just a small way of saying thank you to our customers and inviting them to celebrate with us. Hopefully we will bring a bit of cheerfulness to their day.”

Liz, Jon, Steph and Mark all pedal round the capital on their own bikes, but occasionally use the BorisBikes. It is very generous of Liz to send me her CK cover. She has suggested I make some similar ones to sell at coffee mornings and craft events. Thanks Liz!

2 comments:

  1. This could be your new project Angela. I envisage lots of Laura Ashley/CK bikes swishing around town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so on trend, you lifestyle guru!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!