Wednesday 6 December 2017

La Vie En Rose

Bob's getting over his cough, slowly. We'd decided that we would be Very Lazy on Tuesday [day off] and not attempt anything too exhausting.
Just before 7am [my default time for making the first cuppa of the day] Bob declared it was too early to get up. He brought me a cup of tea, and asked what I would like for breakfast. "Coffee, croissants and orange juice, but we don't have them" I said. I drank my tea, then turned over and went back to sleep. That's unusual for me, but I was still feeling tired. I vaguely noticed him getting out of bed.

When I went downstairs for breakfast, there were warmed croissants in a basket, coffee, juice- and a vase of 15 red roses [and candles!]
I'm feeling very blessed and greatly loved [and yes, he even remembered to trim the stems of the blooms!]
Excuse for romantic interlude listening to Edith Piaf, and dreaming of a holiday in Paris...


6 comments:

  1. You've got a great chap there, Angela! And you make a wonderful team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so lovely and thoughtful. My husband does things like when I least expect them. We are lucky and I am sure you enjoyed you romantic breakfast. Enjoy your rest times as we lead up to Christmas, I am sure you will be increasingly busy from now on. Bless you both. Sue H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely start to the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww what a lovely thing to wake up to. I'm a bit jealous, I woke up to Gman passing me his nappy which he'd thoughtfully taken off to place lovingly on my face. Not nearly as nice!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely! I have to say Mr FD doesn't "do" romantic gestures like this. His romance is in the practical stuff, including rushing upstairs to get dressed and then rushing outside to scrape the ice off the car when I was in a rush because I was late leaving for my lesson! Bless him for that

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!