Monday 16 March 2020

It Only Cost Ninepence!!

"As a future knitting project, I'd really love a little navy collared cardigan for Baby" said Steph and sent me a picture [top right]. So I looked through my patterns, and found one that came from my dear friend Brenda - a lovely lady who died last year. I ignored the stripe and the embroidered ship's wheel. And did the collar and ribs in moss rather than garter stitch.[bottom right] All done and dusted in time for the Baby Shower.
Good old Patons, always  really reliable patterns. But this one is at least 50 years old- it originally cost 9d [in pre-decimal currency] I enjoyed doing it, and have now re-written the pattern in a smaller size, so hope to knit another one...


5 comments:

  1. You did a great job knitting that! It looks just like the one in the picture Steph sent you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely, Angela. Good job on the adaptations and navy is always such a great classic colour for babies. Our new baby will be being delivered next Sunday if he/she doesn't make an appearance beforehand of his/her own volition. I hope the baby shower goes well. Be well. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember knitting a similar one for my eldest son....who is now 59! Lovely colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do they do ones for 39 year olds? That's a super cute cardie!!! You are clever!x

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!