Monday 3 April 2023

We've Been Here Before! Welcome home!

We'll be up at the crack of dawn in order to get the final bits ready for Holiday Club. The title is Restoration Station - and we are looking at three incidents in the life of Jesus where he restored people to wholeness.[We can't call it The Repair Shop, because that name belongs to the BBC]


Bob and I have been doing Children's Holiday Clubs together for over forty years. We have some really great memories. 
Especially from our two decades in Kirby Muxloe - and I've been thinking so much about friends there as I have prepared for this club. 
The year we went to Kirby [1995] was also the year Gary Lineker came back home to Leicester to live, having retired from playing professional football. He was 33, and had never received a red or yellow card in any game - an all-round good bloke. He became the ad-man for a local company. This was the commercial which started it all.

Watching it makes me a bit homesick for Leicestershire - but also so very glad that 28 years later Gary Lineker still IS "Mr Nice Guy" . I'm so glad he is not afraid to speak out for those who really need it, and tell the politicians their behaviour is unacceptable. God bless you, Gary. 
[and please God, bless our little Holiday Club too...]


24 comments:

  1. I hope the Holiday Club goes well and everyone who participates in it enjoy it. You've certainly worked hard to make it a wonderful event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun! I hope it all goes really well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping that the Holiday Club goes well. I am sure the children will enjoy themselves.
    Gary Lineker is a total good guy, he has taken in reugees from Syria too, he speaks out for those who need a friend, as we all should.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - and yes, Gary's actions towards the refugees back up his public statements.

      Delete
  4. Hope it goes well-you have certainly prepared good activities. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks- good preparation is so important

      Delete
  5. I'm glad that Gary is still one of the good guys, and I had no idea that his links with Walkers crisps had been going for so long.

    I hope the holiday club goes well, and that you don't find it too tiring. It should be fun. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gary&Walkers are an important part of Leicester's identity [even before they found a king in the car park!] The club will be tiring, but worth it!

      Delete
  6. Hope all goes well, you have a good turnout and those who participate will come away with a great sense of the restorative power of Christ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lovely comment, Terri - thanks. I am sure you have done "VBS" as they call it in the US, so understand what is involved

      Delete
  7. Have a good week with the holiday club x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope the event is a great success!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just know it will be great. You two put so much thought and effort into these events. JanF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do appreciate your support, Jan!

      Delete
  10. I wish you and Bob lots of eager participants and good weather.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thus far the children are eager, and the weather is good

      Delete
  11. Have a wonderful, blessed time ministering to the young ones. May they thrive and grow in the knowledge and love of God!

    ReplyDelete
  12. God bless you and all who are involved. I'm sure it will be a success with God's blessing.
    I love that advert and Gary is a great guy! Kxx

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!