Tuesday 20 January 2009

In God We Trust

obama family 2

I got home from school and installed myself in front of the TV for two hours, to watch history being made. I found some parts of the inauguration incredibly moving, and admit to shedding a few tears. I wished my father had been alive to see this day - then Rick Warren said something about the company of heaven rejoicing, and that set me off again!

Barack Obama and his family are in my thoughts and prayers.

[With amazing forethought, I prepared a chicken casserole in the Slow-Cooker at the crack of dawn this morning, so we were able to sit down to a hot meal at 6pm before Bob had to go out again! Even at momentous times in world history I strive to keep the Pastor fed]

2 comments:

  1. Lol! I chucked a cottage pie together at lunch-time so I too could watch and still feed everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Pastor Warren's prayer! And, yep, I got weepy, too, when he talked about the cloud of witnesses.

    I've just finished the morning papers, and have gotten weepy all over again. Will it ever end?

    frances

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!