Monday 5 January 2009

Keep Calm and Carry On!

I have had the same kitchen pinboard since 1986. It has moved house four times, and each time I have carefully put the stuff from it into a box and then replaced it on the wall. It has hung in the kitchen here since 1996. But I realised the other day that apart from two things [the Church Directory and the Council's list of dates for refuse/recycling collections] all the other stuff is not used/not wanted/not relevant/belongs elsewhere. I have got into the [bad] habit of putting one press cutting/postcard/coupon on top of another. And I have ignored the clipping on the left - a William Morris quote "Have nothing in your homes you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful"

Menu plans from 2005, coupons from 2004, postcards from the last millennium - they have got to go...

IM003145

There is no room to write even a short message - and anyway if I need to leave a message for Bob I usually blu-tac a huge piece of paper just above the kettle where I know he will spot it! So in a Spirit of New Year Decluttering, I've replaced it with the poster Liz gave me in 2007.

IM003146

You can read the story of the original poster here.

There now, doesn't that look much better?!

1 comment:

  1. I have a small pinboard I keep by the telephone that the same thing happens to! It gets cleaned off every once in awhile. Things accumuclate on there, and get pretty old between cleanings! I should probably check it again...

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!