Saturday 9 October 2010

Mists And Mellow Fruitfulness

It is absolutely Autumnal now, and I took Audrey’s Apples and made the Archers of Ambridge Apfelkuchen.

How’s that for Artful Alliteration?

DSCF0001

[click on recipe to see it larger]

image

This is Elisabeth’s recipe from our Swap Evening last month. I took the photo, then realised I was supposed to dust the cake with icing sugar. Unfortunately I was a bit over-enthusiastic, and the resultant blizzard like storm of white did not leave me with a very photogenic apfelkuchen. I never was any good at dusting!

We had a slice for supper, and it still tastes good – there is a lovely moist layer of apples and sultanas through the middle.

Thanks, E for sharing this recipe, and A for donating the windfalls!

archers

Life has been so busy lately, I am completely out of touch with “The Archers” and only managed to hear one programme ‘live’ in the last fortnight, and not even managed to “Listen Again” properly. I have been relying on Brian Maskell’s weekly plot summaries to keep me in touch.

At the church around 8am this morning – to arrange flowers and sort out a cupboard, whilst Bob & about 30 others enjoyed a Men’s Breakfast [they did give me a sausage sandwich to eat as I worked]

DSCF0004

DSCF0005

And here’s a close up of Ken enjoying his full fry-up.

He was being teased about the fact that I’d probably post the picture on the blog straightaway so that my other friend Elizabeth [with a ‘z’ not an ‘s’] out in India can see it and be re-assured her Dad is eating properly!!

The news this morning from Chile is very positive – let us continue to remember those men – that soon they will be enjoying proper meals again with their families!

chile miners2

“Pray for our brothers who are trapped in the mine at San Jose”

3 comments:

  1. Those men have been amazing, never giving up hope, and remaining so positive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe, Angela. My apple trees are ready for picking. :-) I'll give this recipe a try.
    Have a nice weekend,
    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never doubted that Dad was eating properly for a moment! Good to see so many men at the breakfast.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!