Thursday 3 September 2009

Tracing Rainbows!

Another Very Busy Thursday. Lots of things done which I shall probably blog about later - and a friend called round with a minor sewing problem which we sorted together. And lots of rain!

DSCF0431

When I went out to our Friends and Neighbours Group this evening, it was still raining- but as I drove into the Church Car Park, a fabulous rainbow appeared - the church premises were completely contained in its arch! I wish I was a better photographer - it looked so splendid.

DSCF0432

We had a great meeting, very well attended - and learned about the benefits of chair-based exercises. I was amazed just how much of your body can be exercised without you having to leave the chair.

However, in all the busy activities of the day, I didn't leave myself time to change - next time I shall make sure I am in comfortable trousers and trainers. A pencil skirt and high heels are not the best of exercise clothes!

Steph rang this evening- just before she flew off to Croatia. She seems to have enjoyed her week off work, and has been catching up with painting. I was very impressed with the picture she has done from a photo taken on her Swedish Trip. You can find it here, and if you click on the picture, it will enlarge. She's a clever girl!

Who put the colours in the rainbow?

Who put the salt into the sea?

Who put the cold into the snowflake?

Who made you and me?

Who put the hump upon the camel?

Who put the neck on the giraffe?

Who put the tail upon the monkey?

Who made hyenas laugh?

Who made whales and snails and quails?

Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?

Who made bats and rats and cats?

Who made ev'rything?

Who put the gold into the sunshine?

Who put the sparkle in the stars?

Who put the silver in the moonlight?

Who made Earth and Mars?

Who put the scent into the roses?

Who taught the honey bee to dance?

Who put the tree inside the acorn?

It surely can't be chance!

Who made seas and leaves and trees?

Who made snow and winds that blow?

Who made streams and rivers flow?

God made all of these!

3 comments:

  1. I love the pictures! Glorious! You ARE a great photographer! xopp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a stunning rainbow! You should use that photo for a blog banner. It would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. IS- that's a good idea about a blog bbanner, hadn't thought of that!
    PP - I freely admit to using Picasa which rescues many of my pictures from disaster and makes them presentable. It is a superb bit of software.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!