Friday 26 December 2014

Just Jammin’

In the summer, when we were in Norfolk, I picked some sloes. I made some sloe gin, and some sloe gin jam.

P1000299

I packed up some tiny presents with a humorous label on the top. These have gone to the deacons and to the musicians in the Worship Group. My ‘test’ jar of jam tasted OK – I hope theirs do too.

P1000298

P1000297

We have received some lovely home made food gifts. And one of my 5 year olds even gave me a jar of Sainsbury’s pickled beetroot for Christmas. When we had a lesson about healthy foods back in September, it transpired that he and I were the only ones who like beetroot, so it became a standing joke between us. He told his Mum that he wanted to buy me a jar for Christmas as a leaving present. Methinks this child will go far!

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year Angela - I tried to make some pistachio fudge to give for Christmas - an unmitigated disaster unfortunately! Better luck next year. cheers from Carole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!