Tuesday 16 December 2014

Thankyou, Belvoirdale

I came home on Friday with a car loaded with cards, flowers, and gifts from children and colleagues at Belvoirdale School. The card from the Reception Classes was absolutely wonderful. Every child has made a unique fingerprint on the tree – and their names were written beside. Beneath the tree it simply said “Thank you for helping us to grow” – such things make teaching worthwhile!

P1000379

I shall treasure this gift – I would like to frame it and hang it in my sewing corner when I get to Dorset. Thank you, friends!

11 comments:

  1. How lovely! Wondering where in Dorset you will be moving to - we might be neighbours perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob is to be the new Pastor of the United Church, Ferndown, just north of Bournemouth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck in your new home and sadly we shall not be neighbours as you'll be about 40 miles from where I live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we can meet up at a coffee shop in the middle!

      Delete
  4. We got very excited en route to Brighton when we passed signs for Ferndown!
    Your tree is so lovely, what a delightful memory for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely. I should frame it now or it will get tatty, or else you'll put it safely in a book and forget which one. Actually, that's me I'm talking about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I intend to measure it and go and buy a frame this weekend - you are so right, if it moves to Dorset unframed it will get damaged!

      Delete
  6. What a wonderful gesture.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful keepsake and very well-deserved. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is beautiful, and will look wonderful framed.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!