Saturday 28 February 2009

Satisfying Saturday - Soap, Soup, Sewing

Following yesterday's rather bizarre day, when school was again closed, today has been much more satisfying and productive. The closure this time was because of a gas fault - no heating, no school dinners, so no education either! As I left the building on Thursday, I noticed one of the 4+ children had written a sign saying "Scurl Is Clost" - do you think he has the gift of prophecy!!

IM003249 First thing, I went to the library to return our books and get another bagful. More on them when I've read them!

I have done loads of laundry, and dealt with the remains of this week's chicken. Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall would be proud of me! It started life as a small, but happy Freedom Food Fowl from Sainsbury's, and we had a proper roast dinner on Thursday evening, then more meat last night with mashed potatoes, peas and carrots. Today I stripped the carcase and made a chicken and mushroom pot pie for tomorrow, and some stock. I froze some, and made a tureen of carrot soup for lunch - with enough left over for Bob to eat on Monday when I am in Norfolk at a funeral.

Using the pie funnel is a definite improvement, I have decided.

IM003250 After lunch, I have done some sewing - taking in a favourite black skirt because it is much too loose now I have lost weight [yippee!] and also making a bib for a new baby. Here is the bib, pictured on top of the black skirt!

Chloe means 'blooming and verdant' and it appears in the Bible in the book of Corinthians.

I also made another gift but I cannot post a picture of that yet as it is a surprise for someone who may read this!

Now I can delay the ironing no longer...

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, the good old rubber chicken - can stretch for at least three meals :)

    That bib is adorable, what a lucky little baby!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!