Wednesday 13 July 2016

Amo, Amas, A Mattress

Our 4 day break at Cornerstones was brilliant. A good time to see family. On Saturday, Rosie and I ended up in matching outfits- ready for an impromptu game of Where's Wally!
On Sunday we were able to worship with our friends over at the chapel in Foulsham - who are busy celebrating their bicentennial year.
Their scarecrow, made for the Village Scarecrow Festival is sitting quietly to one side of the chapel. The rest of the congregation are much more animated.

One of the most useful parts of the trip was being able to get lots of house and garden jobs done. When we return at the start of August for our Summer Holiday we will be able to relax and enjoy ourselves, knowing that lots of the domestic issues have already been sorted.

Just before we left, I changed the sheets on our bed, and turned the mattress. Many companies recommend turning every three months. Although the bed in Norfolk is not slept on every night, I try and do this.
I have marked the top left corner [the one under Bob's pillow] with a Sharpie pen. 

There are four possible 'top left corners' when you turn and rotate the mattress - so these are labelled I, IV, VII, X - for January, April, July and October [which are the months we are usually there at least once]  As our sizes and bodyweights are quite different, I think this helps prolong the life of the mattress so it is well worth doing.



We've had mixed weather - including a fabulous rainbow on Monday evening, and a lovely walk in Foxley Woods on Sunday afternoon in the sunshine. More pictures to follow when I get them from Bob's camera!

3 comments:

  1. I've always turned the mattress to even out the wear. Many years ago, when I was first married, I was taught the American mantra of "spin in the spring and flip in the fall" and I have kept to that. My current problem is how to decide when is the right time to get another mattress : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not heard that one before. Ads here keep reading recommending you change every 8 years. I am mean and go twice that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photo of you and Rosie in matching outfits is cute!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!