Sunday 14 April 2013

Hope!

“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”

I love this verse from Romans 15. The world sometimes seems full of sad, discouraged people. We need God to fill us with His joy and peace, so that we will overflow with hope as we share the Good News with those around us.

DSCF5390So I was especially thrilled with one of my birthday gifts on Wednesday – this charming little notebook from my best friend Chris. It is one of those very sensible ones with an elastic strap to keep it closed in my bag.

DSCF5391

The inner pages are equally beautiful with blue and lilac prints.

Chris also gave me a bowl of hyacinths when I saw her last Friday. They were in bud then , but now…

DSCF5382DSCF5395

The fragrance is filling the lounge. It is lovely [so much nicer than any chemical air freshener!] Thanks Chris …really lovely.

My cousin, Gill, who knows me far too well, sent a really great card

DSCF5394

…and some goodies from Wilko’s new ‘Sustain’ range – all woodland themed, trees, owls, foxes etc…

DSCF5392

I also received a book from Steph [to be reviewed later] lots of cards, and a number of gift tokens. People are so thoughtful. Thanks everyone!

“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”

2 comments:

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!