Thursday 25 April 2013

The Peace Index

This is a fascinating document [check out the BBC website]

image

The UK Peace Index provides a comprehensive measure of the levels of peacefulness within the United Kingdom from 2003 to 2012.

Peace is defined as the absence of violence or the absence of the fear of violence.
It appears that the area in the UK which is most peaceful is Broadlands, Norfolk - that’s just up the road from Cornerstones

And the area which is most anxious is Leicestershire - where I live when I am not at Cornerstones.

I freely admit to a little anxiety in my corner of Leicestershire this week – the agency which is meant to pay me for some of my supply teaching has made a total mess of things, and I am still waiting for monies owing since February. How do they expect me to pay my bills?

But how on earth does the “Institute for Economics and Peace” measure these things? I can see that there are clear statistics for things like violent crime – but measuring anxiety levels is less clear cut. And why is Leicestershire most anxious, when it is not the most violent place [that’s Lewisham] And bizarrely, our adjoining county, Rutland, scores really highly for life satisfaction and happiness.

Don’t worry over anything whatever; tell God every detail of your needs in earnest and thankful prayer, and the peace of God which transcends human understanding, will keep constant guard over your hearts and minds as they rest in Christ Jesus.

1 comment:

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!