Friday 7 December 2012

Le Rouge Et Le Noir*

My friend’s son has to go to school today dressed as a Victorian child. She needed a waistcoat, so I made one from some Stash fabric

DSCF4979DSCF4980

I cut it out in both red and black fabric, and sewed it up so it is reversible. He can choose which colour he wants on the outside.

*I tried to read Stendhal’s classic in French when I was a student, in order to impress a boyfriend. My O level language skills were not up to it. Wrong choice of book [and bloke, for that matter!]

5 comments:

  1. Super waistcoat! I love Victorian days at school... although I was always Edwardian - easier to manage in the skirts. Your title didn't say 'Stendhal' to me, it said 'Stade Toulousain'!

    http://histoire.maillots.free.fr/rugby/stade_toulousain.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an education it is, having erudite followers like you, Floss!

      Delete
  2. I love it when I can reach into "my stash" and come out with material for a project.... especially when it is a gift like you have made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meggie - you've made some great things yourself [like that 'pyramid' mouse pincushion!]

      Delete
  3. Been there, done that, in French, you didn't miss too much! Waistcoat much better use of time! Elves also excellent use of time- too wit to woo- unless you're Jo!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!