Tuesday 3 September 2013

A Pretty Name For A Pretty Baby

Another bib produced on the machine this week…

IMG_0683

This child has Scottish connections – so I imagine that the family chose the name for that reason – but I didn’t realise it has a lovely Spanish meaning too. The internet says this - so it must be true [!]

Scottish Meaning:
The name Isla is a Scottish name. In Scottish the meaning of the name Isla is: From the name of a Scottish river.

Spanish Meaning:
The name Isla is a Spanish name. In Spanish the meaning of the name Isla is: Devoted to God.

4 comments:

  1. That's a 'win,win' situation! I know of another little girl born this year with the same name (but spelt like the island - Islay). Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute bib. Love the baby name. We're expecting a grandbaby any day. I wonder what the name will be?

    ~Jody

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Islay - home of some of the finest whisky!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. dd mentioned this name the other week, but I don't think it made the short list.

    Gill

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!