Sunday 17 November 2019

Christmas Is Coming...

We know Christmas must be approaching, because the ads on TV are all reminding us. I'm really behind with preparations this year. 
I am hoping to get the cake made this week though -but it doesn't matter if I don't. 
The important things about Christmas for me have nothing to do with tinsel, crackers, fancy foods or Edgar-the-Dragon pyjamas from John Lewis.
Things like quality time spent with the family and friends, sharing love, peace, joy and hope - these are the best ways to remember the true meaning of Christmas.
Don't forget to sign up if you want to share in our Advent Pause [details here]


9 comments:

  1. I totally understand what you are saying here Angela. I have had another TIA this week. We have also had a burst pipe, no electric, heating or hot water oh and the cooker broke! Christmas planning is way behind! Meanwhile next weekend we will all help one son and his family move house and another son's first baby is due! I am looking forward to Christmas family time: peaceful resting time and just being with the people I love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lynn, what a catalogue of concerns. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family right now. Especially sorry to hear you've had another TIA. Please look after yourself, but dont be so determined that you don't allow others to help you through this time

      Delete
  2. Love, peace, joy, and hope - those sound like good things to celebrate and not only at Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - and these are good things to share with all people, of all faiths and none

      Delete
  3. As there is only hubby and me me Christmas preparations usually start on 23rd of December and that suits me fine .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are the important things indeed. Unlike the latest ad from Currys which screams 'Must-haves for Crimbo'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "must-haves" is a phrase which irritates me intensely. Ask the hungry and homeless if "new gadget" is a "must-have"

      Delete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!