Tuesday 8 December 2015

Order And Peace

Pantone has just released its Colour of the Year for 2016 – but for the first time ever, is offering TWO shades – Rose Quartz, and Serenity – [pink and blue]

Pantone_Color_of_the_Year_2016_Color_Standards

As consumers seek mindfulness and well-being as an antidote to modern day stresses, welcoming colours that psychologically fulfil our yearning for reassurance and security are becoming more prominent.

2016 pantone-color-of-the-year-lee-eiseman-quote

“The soft pink and pale blue hues were chosen for their tranquil and welcoming qualities—just what many of us are searching for in our modern, stress-filled lives” says Leatrice Eiseman

pantone 2016 mug“Inducing feelings of stability, constancy, comfort and relaxation, the seamless union of Rose Quartz and Serenity creates balance in a chaotic world by providing the perfect counterpoint to the fast-paced, fractured and hurried lives we live”

I am not sure I would be able to relax with a cup of coffee in a Pantone mug which costs £25, whatever colour it was. I suspect there may be pastel colours around here next year when the new baby arrives – but personally I don’t really go in for soft pink as a furnishing colour. The blue is just a little darker than the walls in our lounge and dining room. I do find that a calming shade, I admit.

pantone 2014pantone 2015 A

In case you have forgotten, in 2014 they chose Radiant Orchid [purple] and in 2015, Marsala [reddish brown]

Are you feeling a little blue? or are you ‘in the pink’?

 

7 comments:

  1. Having a baby boy after two girls has meant that 2015 has been a little overboard on the blue.
    But I can definitely see next year being pink and blue for us lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pink reminds me of the calamine lotion that was dabbed on my chicken pox spots when I was little. It felt and smelt awful and it may have soothed my itching but it doesn't bring me any comfort or relaxation at all.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the shades though I think the names are a bit ott sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. But what does it actually mean "colour of the year"? How is it supposed to impact on our lives? I'm not going out to buy things in rather nasty pink just because Pantone tell me it's the colour of the year...!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't the faintest notion FD! I was not aware of being surrounded by the reddish brown Marsala in 2015 - so if it was a marketing ploy, it certainly failed round here!

      Delete
  5. See, is Pantone a wall paint? I thought it was a hair colour. Bemused and confused!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pantone is the world leader in colour technology, providing a standard language for colour communication across a range of industries [says their website] Pantene is part of the Proctor&Gamble multinational, providing hair products, including colourants. Please Mags, do NOT dye your hair blue and pink - the boys would probably blame me!!

      Delete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!