Friday 30 December 2011

Dealing With One’s Hang-ups

Here are more of my hand-made gifts.

I took a selection of three co-ordinating red/beige cottons, and also a pretty blue print.

DSCF2510-1

DSCF2510DSCF2511

I made some lavender bags with Norfolk lavender harvested from the Cornerstones garden.

DSCF2638

Then I covered some coat hangers

DSCF2639DSCF2640

Finally I embroidered names on some Aida fabric and attached it to the bags,

And that was another set of Christmas gifts finished!

DSCF2641

important note; It looks very pretty – but do not store your lavender in a glass jar like the one above. When the lid is opened, the jar becomes unstable. Just after I had taken these photos, the jar was open on the table and it fell over, onto the carpet, where it smashed!

5 comments:

  1. thanks for the tip about the lavender I did not know that.

    Great gifts by the way,

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so clever Angela - they look just lovely and I'm sure the ladies receiving them would have been thrilled. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a lovely gift-giver, Angela!
    When I see butterflies, I think of you, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Angela, lovely things you have made sorry I have been out of touch but I am waiting for the birth of my first grandchild and I cannot seem to settle to anything at the moment.
    Wishing you and yours A Very Happy New Year.
    Jillx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could send you all a hanger

    Jill - looking forward to hearing good news soon

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!