Wednesday 24 September 2008

Tie One On!

Just off to sewing club - I missed it last week [complicated pastoral crisis involving the Rector and Frozen Pizzas, but that is another story!] The girls want to make aprons now, some for themselves, some to use as charity fundraisers.

Found this useful idea on the net, last night, which involves using a miimagexture of prints and fabrics. This is obviously Very Good for those of us who are Thrifty and want to use up our stash, and not spend any money unnecessarily.

This morning I went through the stash and found some green stuff - that IKEA £5 quilt cover again [which has already made loads of bags, pencil rolls and jugglIM002848ing sets] and assembled this one.

I have spent the afternoon sorting out bits and pieces so the girls can start putting their aprons together later.

It will be a long evening - Sewing club and then a Church Meeting. Bob is away at his annual Ministers' Conference in Derbyshire, and returning briefly for the meeting. He has been rushing round for the last few days trying to fit in loads of tasks and prepare for Sunday, [Harvest] knowing that he will be away for 2½days this week. There is some corollary of Murphy's Law that says "If there are two or more church people in hospital, they will be in different hospitals - thus complicating the process of Pastoral Visiting"

In some parts of the country, spouses get to go to their Regional Ministers' Conference, and when we were in London, it was something I really looked forward to each year. My Dad came and looked after the girls, and I got to listen to great preaching, discuss theology, meet up with friends and have my meals cooked for me! I have been muttering about the injustice of the East Midlands Approach for years now, but I don't see any signs of change. I'll just have to make do with listening to the recordings of the sessions when Bob gets back! After all, I Corinthians 14: 35 says "If [women] want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home" . Mind you, I am not sure how that applies to Lady Ministers going to the Conference without their spouses!

3 comments:

  1. Those are really pretty! How I wish I could sew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your skirt! I feel inspired to go through my own stash and see what I can whip up.

    I'm sorry they don't let wives go to the conference. It sounds like a lot of fun and a good way to refuel. I'm sure ministers' wives have problems and concerns shared only by other ministers' wives. Maybe next year?

    Frances

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do get a national conference every other year - next one in 2009- so I shall just have to be patient.
    Anyway, having Bob away means i can spend lots of time at the sewing machine and not feel too guilty!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!