Thursday 24 March 2016

More Arty Crafty Stuff


Today Google has been celebrating the birthday of William Morris, with 5 banners showing his beautiful prints. I love these, and was thrilled when Liz and Jon took us to visit his home, The Red House, two years ago.

Like Mags, I am fond of Strawberry Thief top] but if money were no object, I would replace the curtains in our lounge with a blue and white Willow print [similar to the middle banner] But the window is huge, and I estimate it would cost around £300 just for the fabric - so I'll forget that dream!

A few choice Morris quotes
Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.
I do not want art for a few any more than education for a few, or freedom for a few.
History has remembered the kings and warriors, because they destroyed; art has remembered the people, because they created.

1 comment:

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!