Thursday 3 November 2022

Christmas [Post] Card

My "flat" gift included in the last Postcard Project Parcel was a tiny Christmas Tree decoration for Kristen. I thought it would be fun to acknowledge our year of collaborative stitching so I made two small postcards - one for each of us to hang on our Christmas tree.
They are very simply made - just a rectangle of Aida cross-stitch fabric, folded in half, stitched round a piece of card. The pound coin gives you an idea of scale. The head on the stamp is more E2R than C3R, but for the majority of the year, HER Majesty has been on our post!
UK Christmas stamps go on sale today! 

16 comments:

  1. What a lovely and personalized gift! You do such lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea and such patience to do such tiny work. I have one first class stamp left with the late Queen’s portrait and I think I will keep it rather than use it, Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm debating keeping one "Queen" stamp and making that into a tree decoration (that at least ensures it has 'purpose')

      Delete
  3. That is so clever!!! Kezzie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your little postcard decorations. What a great way to celebrate the year's stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been such a special activity for us both

      Delete
  5. So teeny and yet so neat and full of detail, how lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being small myself, I am fond of miniatures!

      Delete
  6. Wonderfully done- as usual. JanF

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute! These wonderful ornaments are sure to add smiles when put on your Christmas tree and Kirsten's tree for many Holiday seasons to come. Applause!!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!