Sunday 9 September 2012

In Which The Pastor Blows Up The Church!

Friday morning, Bob collected the inflatable church from Bugb in Didcot. After lunch he suggested we tried putting it up. The instructions say ‘a team of six people’. It was just him and me!

We began by moving the cars and putting two large bags on the drive

DSCF4559

Then we laid out the groundsheet and unrolled the tower

DSCF4560

It inflated remarkably quickly and we tied a few guy ropes

DSCF4561

Then we laid out the main part of the structure [the sky and groundsheet were both so blue!]

DSCF4562

From the side it looked pretty amazing – much interest shown by mothers and children on the way home from school

DSCF4564

Look! a church building, come in and worship!

DSCF4563

I am preparing this post in advance – when you read it, I should be at the Village FunDay inside the inflatable! Hoping for good weather!

8 comments:

  1. It looks amazing but I hope it wasn't too hot in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever heard of an inflatable church before! If that doesn't get the crowds in ,nothing will. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great Angela. Sorry we couldn't make the fun day. Hope everything went well. At least you got the weather you needed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An inflatable church?!!?!! Who would have thought it! I really hope you blog about the funday, I'd love to see how you put the church into action! Hello, by the way! I came a-visiting via Millie at New World after I spotted the intriguing post-title in her blogroll! It's a pleasure to 'meet' you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great. What are you using it for?

    Arwedd xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How amazing! I look forward to hearing about your Fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of an inflatable church before - but I love it! We have an inflatable baptistery, but a whole church...*G*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Early English Inflatable ... a heretofore unclassified school of ecclesiastical architecture.

    I particularly like the door in the tower. :)

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!