Wednesday 19 September 2012

What I Did Yesterday…

Life is never dull round here! Last week I had a phone call from a friend asking me if I could take over from her on a Committee of which she has been a member for nine years. Jacqui is a good friend, and an extremely capable lady – so I thought and prayed about it – and said yes I would.

wwdp logo

So I went up to London and went to the meeting. I’m now the person representing the Baptist Family on the National Committee of the Women’s World Day of Prayer. Which is both scary, exciting, and a great privilege.

I have been attending WWDP services since…well, since I was in mother’s womb [literally] as she was on her local planning committee in Essex when I was born. At grammar school. we persuaded the Head that any girls who belonged to the Christian Union should be allowed the first Friday afternoon in March off school, to attend the service. At University, my landlady was a member of her local planning committee. And since I have been a pastor’s wife, I have attended every year, and frequently been a speaker at the service.

If you don’t know about WWDP check out the website, or my annual posts [here, here, here]

WWDP is a great thing, and I am fully committed to it – it is a great example of Christian women of all denominations working and praying together at grass-roots level.

44x66mm.pdf [ 1 ], page 1 @ Preflight ( Layout 1 )

I have always known there was a national committee. But I hadn’t really taken on board till yesterday just how much work goes on all through the year in order for there to be a service each March.

Next Year [March 1st] the service is coming from the women of France, and the theme is “I was a stranger and you welcomed me”

The ladies of the committee certainly made me very welcome yesterday!

And another knitted hat for the Sailors’ Society was completed on the train too. Now I have post-committee tasks to sort out…

8 comments:

  1. Dear Angela , after meeting you rcently I think you can do anything with cmfort and aplomb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to say I cannot remember the host nation when I took part in the readings the year our church hosted the area's ladies.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have attended a couple of these services and found them both enlightening and uplifting - I shall think of you next time and know that you have been involved x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So...will you have to go to France next year?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same question- are you going to France? Will you need a translator....!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you had a good time at a great organization meeting and met some really nice people.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So that's where you were off to! Congratulations! You are an excellent choice for the role! Every blessing as you meet with the women from all the other denominations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for kind comments - sadly I don't get to go to France! Quel dommage!!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!