Sunday 1 November 2015

Bright Morning Star

Venus is known as the Morning Star, Mars as the Red Planet, Jupiter as the Bringer of Jollity. On Tuesday I set the alarm for 5.30am, and struggled out of bed, and put on my dressing gown. I went out into the garden to see if I could see the conjunction of Mars, Jupiter and Venus. But it was too cloudy. Same again Wednesday morning. I was becoming unhappy about disturbing my sleep patterns [so was Bob] Wednesday night I declared that I didn’t care about astrological phenomena and did not set the alarm. But then I woke at 5.20, anyway, needing the loo, I looked out of the window and the skies were clear and starry. I went and stood on the doorstep and marvelled at these three planets all appearing together. [picture from the BBC]

_86352205_planets

For a while I stood silently pondering on the amazing glory of God’s creation. I felt like singing at the top of my voice – but decided this would not be appreciated by the neighbours, or by Bob. So I slipped back into bed, and lay there for a while pondering on the stars and planets. I remembered the verse from revelation ch. 22, where Jesus says I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star and I started singing this song silently inside my head -then I slept for another hour or so!

All hail King Jesus, all hail Emmanuel
King of Kings, Lord of Lords, B
right Morning Star
And throughout eternity I'll sing Your Praises
And I'll reign with You throughout eternity

2 comments:

  1. I saw them over a week ago, until I saw the news on the Beeb, wasn't sure what I was looking at. Amazing wasn't it? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got to see the alignment of the planets, after all.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!