Thursday 26 November 2015

Double Diamond Works Wonders

News this week that some blokes up north are planning to revive the old beer, but under a new name [Dual Diamond]

double diamond

Not being a beer drinker, this is of little interest [but I am old enough to remember the advertising jingle] and furthermore, I do not want to be involved in the production of any more diamonds for at least a year [or bunting either]

P1020656All forty of the ones for the Christmas Tree Festival have been returned – just a few needed a little bit of finishing off – but they are in the box, ready for 1st December.

 

P1020658

I also made a star for the top of the tree [the other side is the same, but stitched in green] Well done to the 3 dozen people in the team. Somebody asked me if there would be any on sale at our Christmas Fair on Dec 5th. So I thought I should probably make some for my craft stall.

P1020659P1020661

These are slightly small than the ones we made at church, all Christmas fabrics – but not all in green/red – and they have beaded trims. I put one or two word slogans on – love, peace, joy, Noel etc I can’t decide what my selling price should be though.P1020662 Suggestions?

Once everything was done, I took my original prototype diamond, and cross stitched a label for it, so that I have a new decoration for my tree here. And that’s it! No more of these, I am going cross eyed!

4 comments:

  1. The decorations are beautiful and a lovely memento of your own

    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful and you are kind and wise and clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure if I'm liking the new name. It sounds like a name for oil or petrol!!I don't drink so I don't mind anyway. You've been frightfully busy, Angela. Everything is so lovely and of course, a nice distraction from making 'wee' stuff. Have a great weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so cool! Wasn't sure if my phone comment saved or not!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!