Tuesday 12 April 2011

No Spring Chicken!

IMG_2845

Unbelievably colourful birthday tulips from Liz & Steph…

IMG_2842

…and a windowsill full of lovely cards

IMG_2843

Did I mention those fabulous tulips?

IMG_2844

…plus cupcakes from a friend, and a cupcake card from my cousin

IMG_2848

My Cousin Gill also sent me these indescribably Union Flag Socks - along with UF earrings and a pair of UF bracelets – parcelled up as a “Royal Wedding Supporter’s Kit”!

I wore them all yesterday as the class I was working with were studying Prince William’s Family Tree! They went well with my scarlet leather clogs.

In the afternoon we sang.

We sang “Spring Chicken” from “out of the ark music” as a practice for today’s Easter Assembly. [click here to hear it]

“My legs are short, so I’ll never be tall, I’m a real spring chicken and I’m having a ball” goes the chorus. As I have been singing this song, it has caused great amusement to my friends – my legs are undoubtedly short – but I somehow feel I am beyond the ‘spring chicken’ stage!

spring chicken 2

Thank you to all my friends and family for the kind wishes, super cards [so many of them handcrafted] and e-cards, and lovely gifts –and to all those people who sang Happy Birthday [at after-church coffee, and the children at school]

I feel quite spoilt – there may be a recession, but people are still so very generous. 

7 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever seen such a variety of beautiful colours in those tulips. They are very special, and not at all like the ones in my garden.
    So glad you had such a super day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy happy happy happy HAPPY birthday, wonderful Angela! Apparently we reverting to childhood at this Friday's staff development day and will be following a timetable of classes- complete with making cupcakes in Home Economics- I shall think of you and smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day.

    Those tulips are beautiful and they look wonderful on the window sill with all your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds as though you had a great birthday - which you so deserve. Dxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday DEAR Angela, Happy Birthday to you! Love your socks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! Those tulips and wonderful and cards and one of my favourite parts about birthdays - I think it's a shame Facebook hellos seem to have taken over.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you thank you thank you

    my birthday and subsequent days have all been lovely!!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!