I thought it might be another April Fool when I saw this advertised in my last Real Simple Magazine. But no, it is genuine, you can now buy yourself the
I kid you not, friends, here it is…
Read the amazing blurb…
Wacoal’s iPant offers superior comfort and smoothing along with amazing cosmetic benefits.
The iPant is constructed of Novarel Slim® nylon microfibers with embedded microcapsules containing caffeine to promote fat destruction; vitamin E to prevent the effects of aging; ceramides to restore and maintain the skin’s smoothness; and retinol and aloe vera to moisturize and increase the firmness of the skin.
The iPant with LYCRA® beauty fabric shapes and sculpts as it releases ingredients into your skin while you move throughout the day.
And the catch…
It is recommended to wear the iPant 8 hours a day, 7 days a week for 28 days. Novarel Slim® test results show most women reported improved appearance, a reduction in thigh measurement and that their clothes felt less tight.
I am not clear about one or two issues…
- At the end of the 8 hours, presumably you have to squirm out of the garment and wash it so it is fresh for the next day?
- It looks very close-fitting – so presumably you have to allow quite a bit of extra time for “bathroom visits” – to get out of it, then to get it all smooth and comfortable again afterwards?
- Did their clothes feel less tight after the experience, or whilst they were wearing it? if the latter, I am not surprised [I have clothes which fit my body as it is now, not as it will be when compressed into Lycra – when obviously there would be more room!]
- The manufacturers say the active ingredients are still present after 100 washes. But you would have to wash it daily – so at the end of three months, is the garment useless?
- It has to be hand washed and hung out to dry – if that doesn’t work overnight, do you need to buy two of them?
- Why do they always show these garments on slim models to start with? I guess flabby thighs and muffin tops aren’t desirable on the photographs!
I admit that my tum and thighs could do with a
bit lot of firming and toning. But I certainly do not intend to spend $60 [plus shipping] to get myself a pair of these!
I don’t expect to find a pair among my birthday presents tomorrow either- in fact I think I would be a little offended if I did. My techie family are welcome to their iPhones, iPods etc – but iPants? – I think not!!