Saturday 2 April 2011

Look What We’ve Made!

A very constructive week – at Sewing Club, Hayley finished her bag [made with fabrics she’d brought back from her trip to India] using the pattern from 2008

IMG_2784

and Jodie finished her pyjamas [from the 2009 pattern]

IMG_2785

I love the little heart applique she has put on the top!

Then at school, my maths and literacy groups have been doing work relating to Fibonacci, and on Thursday we made a wall display – the maths pupils did diagrams of tree branches, rabbit families and spirals, whilst the literacy ones wrote ‘Fib’ poems.

IMG_2792

I even wore my Fibonacci slogan t-shirt to school, to the amusement of the children

IMG_2798

It is lovely to get to the end of the week having been involved in so much creativity. I have also been busy knitting hats for sailors, but I shan’t photograph them till I am ready to send them off.

Don’t forget to enter the latest giveaway [details on last Wednesday’s post]

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you have been busy!

    I have loved Fiboncci the series since I discovered it (or in my mind invented it) at the age of 8. Perverely I recall two of us introducing them (at least by name) to our philosophy of religion lecturer and his delight in them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We call him 'Fibbin' Archie'....long story!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sewing, the bag looks so well made, I may be starting to volunteer at a young womens group soon. Apparently they love sewing but arn't that experienced is there a very simple project you could recommend

    Thanks

    Aurora x

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!