Wednesday 19 October 2022

A Morning Of Making

Another project underway, details to follow. But I spent an hour and a half on my knees yesterday in front of the coffee table in the lounge.
Using some coloured card from my stash, and my WRMK Envelope Maker I made a couple of dozen envelopes.
A number of blogs I have read recently have mentioned making envelopes. Either for 'orphaned' greetings cards, or because folk are starting to make seasonal greetings.
I had not heard of WRMK till 3 years ago, when I started finding their punch boards at yard sales and in CS.
They are not cheap to buy new- but I have certainly had my money's worth from my bargain buys.
You can make your own envelopes without such gadgets - I have been doing so ever since my Dad taught me when I was at school. And when life is less full, I will try and post a tutorial. 
But if you need a lot of envelopes, and you have a stack of scrap paper/thin card to hand, these nifty bits of kit save hours, and produce good results.
UPDATE  here's a video of the WRMK board being used





15 comments:

  1. What a simple but clever device.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does all the calculations for you. Saves ages with a pencil and paper working out!

      Delete
  2. I'd be intrigued to see it in action!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have added a video clip. You always start with a square piece of paper and the chart printed on the board tells you what size to use.

      Delete
  3. That's a very nice gadget you have there! I've been watching a few envelope making videos online and will try making some, soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YouTube is a great source of inspiration

      Delete
  4. Thanks for posting the video-I love a little crafty helper. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a nifty little gadget. I've never seen it being used before, very clever and once you get used to it very quick I should imagine. It would be great for making little envelopes to make a homemade Advent calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of an envelope maker before. I've been making envelopes since childhood. I use lovely gift wrapping paper sheets and put on button clasps with twine for closures. I use them to hold stationary and odd papers. I also give them away to unsuspecting people who politely accept them though I'm sure they wonder whatever to use a giant envelope for :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love envelopes with twine and button closures. Obviously they cannot be posted. How generous of you to give them away

      Delete
  7. I'm always intrigued with the gadgets you use and the fact that you have been able to source them at reasonable prices in charity shops!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some of the stores which sell Greeting Cards will have piles of extra "orphaned" envelopes. I used to buy them for 3c each. I make a lot of envelopes but I just do it very simply by folding paper around the card and leaving room to glue the edges. Sometimes I cut the fold down piece at the back with fancy scissors to look good.
    JanF

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!