Monday 10 October 2022

Ang Has Cold Feet!

 It is nine years since Disney brought this to our screens
It was the highest grossing film of 2013 - and the highest animated film of all time. [ the sequel in 2019 was the second highest grossing animated film of all time.] 
The podiatrist has been treating a rather painful verruca on my right foot - and on Friday afternoon it was, indeed, frozen! 
I was a little nervous before the procedure - which proceeded very efficiently. But he did warn me it would hurt afterwards [take a couple of Paracetamol before bed] and that after a couple of days a blister would form [keep it covered, do not pick at it] 
I'm not too good with pain - Friday night it throbbed incessantly and I didn't get much sleep till gone 5am [hence the late post on Saturday morning] I have been humming Let It Go! for much of the weekend. I wish my own special Frozen princess could be here to sing to me and make me feel better. 
But I'm confident I'll be on my feet again very soon... 





20 comments:

  1. Veruccas can be a right (or left?!?) pain; you have my sympathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you don't get cold feet when you go for your follow up appointment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's October- back into my handknit woollen socks!! Hope your birds are OK with all the Avian Flu restrictions, Philip

      Delete
  3. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that you were in pain from the surgery on your foot. Hope you are feeling better, now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch-hope the pain recedes as the verruca dies off. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have my sympathy. I just don't "do" pain. I am a grade one wuss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha ... I wondered where you were going with your Frozen references. I hope it's feeling a bit better now.

    And WOW ...9 years since that came out. I don't think I've seen the follow-on film, I should watch out for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither. Rosie's favourite song from F2 is "All is found"

      Delete
  7. My eldest granddaughter was 4 when Frozen first came out and we would sit and watch it and she thought I was so clever because I knew all the words of all the songs. Little did she realise that I was singing along to the subtitles! Bad Nana!! lol Your verrucca pain reminds me of the ankle pain I endured when I fell down the stairs in January! Hope it leaves you soon. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely getting easier- I managed a short walk to the surgery to collect my regular meds this morning!

      Delete
  8. I hope you soon feel better. Yesterday's quote of"Jesus bids us Shine was lovely" I often quote it and sang it in Sunday school. It applies more than ever now. Love Isabel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the call to shine is as valid for a granny like me now as it was for the child I was over 60 years ago

      Delete
  9. I hope you soon get over the pain. We call them plantar warts over here and I have had an on-off relationship with one for years so I sympathize.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do sympathise! Verrucas are awful!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!