Saturday 22 October 2022

Still Tracing Rainbows

Yesterday Kezzie had a beautiful post about Bows over Billericay. It really cheered my spirits as I'd woken early feeling quite despondent about the state of the nation. It was grey and misty outside - and I'd just realised Steph's birthday card had not been posted. And my library book* was about to be overdue [and no chance of renewal, it was already reserved for someone else]
Kezzie's rainbow post was the incentive I needed. I made Bob a cuppa, then drove onto Dereham, catching the early post [hoping the card will be arriving today] pushing the book through the slot in the library wall, and buying fresh croissants. When I got home, before 8.30am, Bob had fresh coffee ready, little glasses of cool orange juice, and the breakfast table prepared. It was lovely to eat and chat. 
I spent the morning preparing my Sunday School lesson, then we had early lunch so Bob could get to the Hospice for 1pm. After lunch, work on my crafts and RAIN
And then I saw the rainbow outside my window. I went to the side door, the other half was clearer a faint 2nd bow above. [sorry the photo is so fuzzy]

These bright bursts of colour across the leaden skies bring such joy, don't they? And as Kezzie rightly says, it is good to share that joy with others.
Have a happy weekend, wherever you are...
[* after this post, I'd borrowed Ella Minnow Pea. LMNOP from the library. Loved it!] 

12 comments:

  1. I love rainbows! Coffee, orange juice, and croissants for breakfast sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect breakfast! I like that you can return your library book without needing the library to be open.i managed to photograph a rainbow as we were coming through the Lakes a few weeks ago and the beauty of them never fails to cheer me up. Happy weekend. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the current state of play is affecting all of us. The main thing is to admit when it's all getting a bit much and act accordingly. I just took receipt of Nadiya Hussain's new cookbook from the library (lovely pics!) and have had a notification that someone else is waiting for it. Now I feel guilty if I hold on to it for the whole 3 weeks. I'll probably take it back next week. Have a good weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, do review it on the blog won't you?

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad that my raimbow helped you! God's timing that I didn't post it till Friday!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were driving home to Cheshire from a holiday in West Wales last weekend, and saw three rainbows on the journey.
    Two were bright and very clear, but the third one was truly spectacular, possibly the most beautiful that either DH or myself have ever seen, it was just stunning! Lots of photos taken from moving vehicle, which all turned out well, surprisingly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's beautiful πŸŒˆπŸŒˆπŸ‘πŸŒˆπŸŒˆ

      Delete
  6. You did well to turn the day around right away! Those early morning blues need to be kicked out at once. I love rainbows and haven't seen one for ages, but I have a glass swan on the windowsill in the dining room and a little prism shaped ornament in the room where I use my laptop, and they catch the sun at different times of the day and treat me to wonderful colours in odd places. If it is on the spare bed, I might slip a piece of paper there to capture the full beauty of the colours. How amazing that light contains such glory. If we can see this on earth, imagine what heaven must be like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a glorious thought!🌈🌈🌈

      Delete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!