Wednesday 12 October 2022

Window Dressing

When the autumn sun is low in the sky, all the dirty windows - and that 'Sahara Dust' really look bad. What a pane! This could get a girl down.
It is uplifting to realise that now I live in a bungalow, with my squeegee/sponge gizmo, I can easily reach to clean all the windows, inside and out.

Now everything is sparkling again - the plain windows, the frosted panes in the bathroom and front door, and the Rennie Mackintosh panel in the Futility Room. It all seems so much fresher. 
There is a lovely quote about windows from the Swiss-American Psychiatrist Elisabeth Kübler Ross






10 comments:

  1. That's very true! I love stained glass! Your Rennie panel is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was from a roll of stick on stuff purchased in 1996 when we moved into a house where the downstairs loo was next to the front door, and the window was only slightly frosted. Modesty demanded action! I still have ⅓ of the roll left

      Delete
  2. Sparkling clean windows are lovely! I need to get a long handled squeegee for some of my windows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I could really do with one of those window gizmos. Even though we now have a bungalow, I still can't quite reach the top of the window without standing on something. Not the thing to do if I have a dizzy day!

    A beautiful quote there Angela :) Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine has two poles but I only use the shorter one. Don't feel the need for a fancy Karcher gadget

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely stained glass window quote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EKK is the woman who wrote that seminal book "on death and dying,"

      Delete
  6. The problem here with sparkling clean windows is that birds crash into them. I have been rather lax in cleaning certain windows, hoping that they wouldn't reflect so much of the trees. But it doesn't make a whole lot of difference so I must clean and take the consequences.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cleaned my windows yesterday, we need to see the wonderful view clearly! I need to get a longer pole to clean the outside of the glass panels on our balcony. Want to get it done before frost and winter.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!