I began the kilt on September 16th. And got diverted by making Bob’s pyjama trousers. Then there was a delay getting the strap. However, I can announce that the garment is finally properly finished and wearable!
Here’s the toile pinned to the original skirt. I had to cut the kilt from the lower part, avoiding the stitched pleats, and also avoiding the small hole I had spotted. Once washed and pressed, I used the wrong side of the fabric. It didn’t take that long – once I finally got started on the project – but there were lots of interruptions en route.
Unlike Johnnie Boden, I have only put one strap [and a pin] on my kilt. I had problems stitching the strap on –I changed the needle on my machine for a ‘denim’ one and that helped. I found a second piece of tartan in my Stash, and I think I may possible make another kilt if the remnant is large enough. I’m very pleased with this one.