Friday 29 June 2012

Coming Through The Rye

DSCF4045-001

“Oooh! that’s from Liz!” I squealed, when Bob brought in the post.

DSCF4046

Another Muriel Spark for me to read- The Ballad Of Peckham Rye. I feel I ought to have read this a few years back, when Liz, Jon and Steph all lived in Peckham.

Isn’t the postcard great? A brilliant shot of the London skyline showing the dome of St Paul’s in front of one of the Tate Modern chimneys.

Thanks, Liz! Denise has just mentioned another author, Rebecca Shaw – and on Wednesday I borrowed one of her books. I suspect these two books will be very different. I will let you know!

1 comment:

  1. This is why you asked about Muriel Spark- no, I've only read Prime, and a critical study of Spark, about which I remember absolutely nothing. Is this good holiday reading- have a few sleeps left to think about holiday reading, alongside washing, drying (how??), ironing and packing!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!