Friday 29 June 2012

John 3:8

You know well enough how the wind blows this way and that. You hear it rustling through the trees, but you have no idea where it comes from or where it's headed next.

_61233776_tree

This is the garden right next door to the school where I was yesterday afternoon [I went in to help with play costumes]. A ‘mini-tornado’ came through the village, felling many trees, and sadly causing devastation to the memorial playing field [only opened in 2008]

I fitted one cheerful little girl with her Greek Costume, and then we discovered at home-time that a tree had come down through the roof of her home. Fortunately nobody was hurt by all the fallen trees.

My return journey included a diversion to avoid a flooded road, and Bob said that there had been some huge hailstones in our village just after I’d left [pictures from the BBC]

_61235298_hail1

The weather this summer has been…amazing!

4 comments:

  1. We saw the hailstones on the news last night and were amazed.
    How sad to see the tree down, it must have been such a fierce wind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!!!! I'm glad no one was hurt. Can you imagine the force to pull up that tree?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tornadoes terrify me. A tree falling on the house is also the thing nightmares are made of. I hope there is a lot of rallying around for anyone with damage.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's crazy! I'm sad for the pretty tree.
    Maybe Jesus is coming soon. The weather all over is shocking.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!