Saturday 23 June 2012

Dancing Divas

One of the WITW scenes requires dancers [I think it is the Gypsy Caravan song] and I’ve been asked about making 6 pairs of very colourful ribbon wristbands.  I found some on the net

wristbandswristbands2

These cost £4.50 a pair [£33 including postage for the set then] each band requires 6m of ribbon on a band of elastic. Total 72m of ribbon, 2.5m of elastic. Allowing 15p a metre for ribbon, 30p for elastic that will come in at around £11.50. I will see what I can do…

6 comments:

  1. I wish I could see the production! I can't wait to see your brilliant improvisation of the ribbon wrist bands. You really should start a costuming blog with all your brilliant innovations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will do fine . Have you tried Nova trimmings on frog island . Might be worthwhile or the Fabric Guild Cobden st,. open Friday and Sunday only . Put Fabric Guild in your google bar , they do mail order .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been to Nova Trimmings - will check them out! thanks for the suggestion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there - just to let you know I have revamped the way I list blogs on my sidebar and now have a list of featured personal blogs. Your blog is on it. I do enjoy following your blog. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looking forward to seeing them

    ReplyDelete
  6. You'll come up trumps, as always!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!