Tuesday 5 June 2012

Sweet Treats

A bag of sweets is a welcome gift for a friend – but can be a little dull. It hardly has the same glamorous appeal as a box of chocolates! The embroidery machine was out for another project, and I had an idea.[You could handstitch if you don’t have a machine]

toffees

So simple that this tutorial needs few words!

Draw circles on interfacing using a jar lid. Cut out and apply to a circle of cotton fabric. You need to make the diameter of the cotton TWICE that of the jar lid.

DSCF3764

Tack fabric circle to a nappy liner [this enables you to hold it firmly in the frame]

DSCF3765

Embroider

DSCF3767

Edge with lace

DSCF3768

Empty bag of toffees into a jar, and fix on the ‘hat’ with an elastic band.

DSCF3769

Trim with a ribbon bow. Done!

DSCF3771

Here’s a little stuffed toy, who is currently sitting beside my sewing machine – made for me by an 11 year old I have been teaching this term! She designed and created him all by herself.

DSCF3770

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes the simplest ideas are the "sweetest" (sorry). I wish had a sewing machine, I see all these lovely ideas on various blogs and get so jealous. I've been hunting on freegle but not had any luch yet.
    x x x

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!