Friday 3 June 2011

Holiday Souvenir

DSCF1694

This little spoon is made of pewter. It is only about 3” long,and the wording is “Pennsylvania Dutch Country” On the bowl is an Amish barn,and at the top of the handle, an Amish buggy.

I suspect it was a souvenir made for the tourist market. It is certainly not the sort of item an Amish housewife would own. Far too fancy!

But it caught my eye yesterday in a basket of old teaspoons on a market stall in Fakenham. And it was just 50p – so I treated myself!

One day I shall visit Pennsylvania…

1 comment:

  1. You could always visit Ontario and visit all the Mennonite communities...oh, did I mention that I live in Ontario ? (he he he)
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!