Sunday 19 June 2011

Happy Fathers’ Day

willow tree my girls

Willow Tree have brought out a new piece, called “My Girls”

It’s a long time since my Dad and Bob’s Dad died. And it’s a long time since my two girls were this small!

But I am grateful to God for all the great fathers who have been in my life -

my own dad

my grandad

my father-in-law

and for Bob, who is such a wise and brilliant father to our daughters.

God bless Dads today!

Don't you see that children are God's best gift? the fruit of the womb his generous legacy? Like a warrior's fistful of arrows are the children of a vigorous youth. Oh, how blessed are you parents, with your quivers full of children! [Ps 127, The Message]

3 comments:

  1. We've both just been brought breakfast in bed, in three courses. I feel like a foie gras goose! Can't wait for them to be old enough for the kettle!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "quivers full of children" always make me think of the Duggars family.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!